This event has expired or is no longer available.
Annual Members Meeting
It's the biggest event of the year... the Annual Members’ Meeting!
ALL students are invited to attend the Annual Members' Meeting (“AMM”), Bristol SU's largest democratic event with over 300 students attending each year. It takes place once a year in February and the University suspends teaching from 5pm onwards so that all students can attend.
Check out the facebook event!
The 2017 AMM will be on Thursday 23rd February at 5.15pm in the Anson Rooms, Richmond Building.
You will need to show your University of Bristol student card to enter.
Find out more about AMM on the AMM webpage!
Motions being discussed:
1. Trump the ban
2. Full-time International Students’ Officer
3. Fight the HE reforms: continue to Boycott the National Student Survey!
4. Combating Antisemitism
5. Reform 100% Assessed Modules
6. Defend migrants and support free movement
7. Support Student Rent Strikes
8. Make it policy to have specific accessibility information for events available upfront
9. Commitment to the environment
10. Better careers support for Arts Faculty students
11. Fight climate change
12. Bring back the Mandela Bar!
13. Canteen for lunch breaks
14. Bristol University should improve its contribution to Neglected Disease Research
- Amendments are due by midday on Wednesday 22 February and must be emailed to email@example.com. You can suggest to add, remove or change part of the motion.
- Any submissions not discussed due to time constraints will be discussed at the next Student Council Meeting.
- If you have any questions or have any accessibility needs for the meeting please email the chair firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be great student debate, policy making and pizza. It is an exciting opportunity for ALL students to have your say so we hope to see you there!
Venue : Anson Rooms, Richmond Building
Type Special events
Start Date Thursday 23-02-2017 - 17:00
End Date Thursday 23-02-2017 - 20:00
Terms and Conditions
Click here to view terms and conditions
- Bristol SU operates ticket purchasing for multiple events at venues across the city. These terms and conditions only apply where they are not superseded by an event promoter or a particular venue’s terms and conditions.
- Admission to all events is subject to the restrictions employed by the host venue.
- Students must bring their University of Bristol UCard to every event they wish to attend for identification purposes. For members of the public, photo ID will be required (e.g. passport, driving licence, proof of age card)
- Re-admission is not allowed once you have attended an event unless approved by the manager on duty.
- Right of admission is reserved by the venue management. Please note that you are still subject to Bristol SU’s event admission procedures and can be refused entry if you breach these.
- Your UCard is not transferrable – i.e. you cannot lend it to anyone else to get into the venue.
- Every effort will be made to allow priority queuing at all events – however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- All events are restricted to AGE 18+ unless specifically noted on the event page. All guests are required to provide proof of age if asked by the door staff, and you can be refused entry if you are unable to do this. Please note that any Bristol student who forgets their UCard will not be able to enter just by quoting their student number unless they can also produce proof of age.
Refunds - *** Please note that this is standard practice at every entertainments venue in the UK. *** ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE. All sales are final. Refunds are not available on tickets once they have been purchased, including those purchased in error or non-attendance due to illness or injury. However, the following are certain instances in which a refund may be given. THERE ARE NO OTHER INSTANCES IN WHICH A REFUND MAY BE OFFERED.
- The entire event has been cancelled by the promoter or Bristol SU. In this instance, refunds are available to everyone who has purchased a ticket in advance.
- The main performing artiste has cancelled or the event altered for reasons beyond our control, but the event has still taken place. Again, refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and where authorised.
- The event has sold out, and there are people waiting for extra tickets. In this instance refunds may be given, and the tickets then resold to people on the waiting list once the re-sale cash has been received.
- In all instances the duty manager’s decision will be final.
Transfer Policy - All tickets purchased for Bristol SU events are non-transferrable – they are assigned exclusively to your account and cannot be moved to that of another person. Physical Ticket Replacements - For events with physical tickets, it is the responsibility of the individual purchaser to keep their ticket safe once it has been collected from the information point or welcome desk. Please note that replacement tickets will not be issued in the event of their loss or damage, and will need to be repurchased in this instance. It is advised that you write your name and Uni number on the back of your ticket so that it can be returned if handed in!