This event has expired or is no longer available.
Anson Rooms are excited to announce that Tom Allen will be performing on the 22nd January! A critic favourite with the Guardian, Independent and Scotsman all praising his unique brand of camp comedy and sharp wit.
Tom Allen, since winning BBC New Comedy Awards has gone from strength to strength being the official support act for Sarah Millican on her UK, New Zealand and Australian tour. Then he brought his hit show Both Worlds from Edinburgh Fringe Festival to the Soho Theatre in London, whilst acting alongside the likes of Joanna Lumley, Mark Gatiss and Julia Davis.
Check out Tom in action here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4k1hti4y4
Already a well known name on the urban circuit, in 2015 Kae Kurd made his transition to the mainstream and now regularly performs at the country’s leading venues. In 2016 he supported Dane Baptiste on his nationwide tour and was selected to take part in the prestigious Pleasance Comedy Reserve Showcase at the Edinburgh Fringe.
Check out Kae in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5XJpnQh9A
Laura Lexx was nominated for Best Compere at the 2016 Chortle Awards. She was also shortlisted for the BBC New Comedy Award in 2014 and reached the finals of the Paramount Student Comedy Award, Chortle Student Comedy Award and Funny Women competitions. Laura has gigged all over the UK and in Europe as well as providing tour support for Russell Kane.
Check out Laura in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIeScElO9ew
Venue: Anson Rooms - Richmond Building
START DATE Sunday 22-01-2017 - 19:30
END DATE Sunday 22-01-2017 - 23:00
Terms and Conditions
Click here to view terms and conditions
- Bristol SU operates ticket purchasing for multiple events at venues across the city. These terms and conditions only apply where they are not superseded by an event promoter or a particular venue’s terms and conditions.
- Admission to all events is subject to the restrictions employed by the host venue.
- Students must bring their University of Bristol UCard to every event they wish to attend for identification purposes. For members of the public, photo ID will be required (e.g. passport, driving licence, proof of age card)
- Re-admission is not allowed once you have attended an event unless approved by the manager on duty.
- Right of admission is reserved by the venue management. Please note that you are still subject to Bristol SU’s event admission procedures and can be refused entry if you breach these.
- Your UCard is not transferrable – i.e. you cannot lend it to anyone else to get into the venue.
- Every effort will be made to allow priority queuing at all events – however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- All events are restricted to AGE 18+ unless specifically noted on the event page. All guests are required to provide proof of age if asked by the door staff, and you can be refused entry if you are unable to do this. Please note that any Bristol student who forgets their UCard will not be able to enter just by quoting their student number unless they can also produce proof of age.
Refunds - *** Please note that this is standard practice at every entertainments venue in the UK. *** ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE. All sales are final. Refunds are not available on tickets once they have been purchased, including those purchased in error or non-attendance due to illness or injury. However, the following are certain instances in which a refund may be given. THERE ARE NO OTHER INSTANCES IN WHICH A REFUND MAY BE OFFERED.
- The entire event has been cancelled by the promoter or Bristol SU. In this instance, refunds are available to everyone who has purchased a ticket in advance.
- The main performing artiste has cancelled or the event altered for reasons beyond our control, but the event has still taken place. Again, refunds will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and where authorised.
- The event has sold out, and there are people waiting for extra tickets. In this instance refunds may be given, and the tickets then resold to people on the waiting list once the re-sale cash has been received.
- In all instances the duty manager’s decision will be final.
Transfer Policy - All tickets purchased for Bristol SU events are non-transferrable – they are assigned exclusively to your account and cannot be moved to that of another person. Physical Ticket Replacements - For events with physical tickets, it is the responsibility of the individual purchaser to keep their ticket safe once it has been collected from the information point or welcome desk. Please note that replacement tickets will not be issued in the event of their loss or damage, and will need to be repurchased in this instance. It is advised that you write your name and Uni number on the back of your ticket so that it can be returned if handed in!