Thursday 04-05-2017 - 11:45
We’re running our student survey, #tellchloe, again this year. It’ll ask you questions about your student experience at Bristol that no-one else is asking.
You can complete it now at www.bristolsu.org.uk/tellchloe
But what about last year’s survey? With over 1000 of you filling out #tellhelen last year, what were the most interesting things we learned, and then did, thanks to your feedback?
- Bristol students’ favourite night out would be Pop music at Motion
- The biggest things stopping you from joining in extracurricular activities and societies were time, followed by shyness or a lack of confidence
- Mice hate aluminium foil...or so one of you found out whilst renting in Bristol
- The average accommodation cost: £443 (mean)/£411 (median)
- The average Bristol undergrad spends 12.7 hours per week in classes, though some of you said you spent 1000, or even 1 million, hours studying a week. We think you might have been exaggerating.
And here are some things we did as a direct result of last year’s feedback:
- You told us how we could improve sport at Bristol. These responses have been used in a review of the Sports Passes this year - more to be announced on that soon.
- Your comments about the rising cost of halls were used to secure £120,000 for accommodation bursaries.
- Research from postgraduate experiences helped us lobby the University to ensure that no more postgraduate study spaces were lost. This year our Postgraduate Education Officer, used your responses to stop postgraduate spaces from being closed in the Arts & Social Sciences Library, and to secure more social space for Postgraduate Research Students, such as the Brambles.
- You told us what you thought of events at Bristol SU. That helped us develop an even better Welcome Week programme!
- You told us which support services you found most approachable, and have helped shape new investments in pastoral support.
Make sure you take your chance to be heard this year - and help us focus on the right issues in 2017/18. Fill out the #tellchloe survey here.