Blink and you’ll miss it – the Bristol & Bath Culture Flash Sale returns
Quick-off-the-mark culture fans can save money with thousands of discounted tickets and offers in the Bristol and Bath 24-hour culture flash sale. From 10am on January 15 until 10am on January 16 save on selected events. For a full list of venues taking part and links to all available offers, go to the Visit Bristol website at visitbristol.co.uk or search using the hashtag on Twitter #CultureFlashSale.
Welcome to Night Vale | Save 25%
05 May// Anson Rooms
Mysterious hooded figures. Inexplicable lights in the sky. Local traffic updates. Welcome to Night Vale.
Join us for a recording of a never-before-heard show from one of the most popular podcasts in the world! Attendance isn't mandatory, but the secret police highly recommend it.
Buy tickets now More Info
Delain | Save 20%
08 February // Anson Rooms
Dutch symphonic rockers Delain have been releasing and performing their signature catchy melodic metal sound worldwide for over a decade now. They currently have ﬁve albums, two EP’s and a live DVD on their name and have rocked festivals like Wacken, Graspop, Download and Fortarock.
Buy tickets now More Info
Proper Jokes Comedy Club | Save 20%
12 November // Anson Rooms
Start the new year with a cracking evening of comedy, as Proper Jokes Comedy Club returns for January with headliners Fiona Ridgewell, Mike Cox and Jake Lambert.
Buy tickets now More Info
Sort your culture fix for 2020 with the 24 hour flash sale across Bristol and Bath
Thousands of tickets to cultural events and venues across Bristol and Bath will be discounted for 24 hours only tomorrow (Wednesday 15 January).
The Culture Flash Sale returns to the region from 10am tomorrow until 10am on Thursday 16 January, with tickets slashed for shows, events, exhibitions, workshops, gigs, talks and plays from over 30 arts organisations and venues.
The 12th edition of the sale sees 35 organisations across the two cities taking part, co-ordinated by the Bristol Arts Marketing Network in co-operation with Arts Marketing Bath, Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations Project, Visit Bristol and Visit Bath.
Mr Brunel of Bristol’s SS Great Britain and XYZ of The Jane Austen Centre in Bath have even jumped on board as ambassadors for the sale – popping up across the two cities to promote the offer.
The initiative aims to provide an affordable way to access arts and culture, stimulate interest and sales in events and exhibtions across the region, and encourage people to take a punt on something new while grabbing a bargain and beating the January blues.
A full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers can be found on the Visit Bristol website at www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale. All the deals are also listed on www.visitbath.co.uk/flashsale and www.gobathbristol.com. Keep up with the latest on the day using the hashtag #CultureFlashSale on Twitter.
Komedia Bath have a heap of offers, including 20% off for groups of 6+ to Drag Bingo with Charlie Hides, 20% off to Josie Long: Tender and 2-4-1 tickets to The Fleetwood Mac Songbook. Find out more here
- Arnolfini – 50% off a range of events including screenings of classic films Der Golem and Battlehsip Potemkin with live accompaniment as well as the performance of time-travelling monologue To Move In Time
- Bristol Improv Theatre – 25% off 11 improv theatre events including Adventures of the Improvised Sherlock Holmes, regulars The Bish Bosh Bash, and This Is Your Musical, plus 2-4-1 on Tales of Adventure
- Bristol Old Vic – 20% off a limited number of tickets to 11 shows including the Emma Rice directed Wise Children production Romantic’s Anonymous, the Wardrobe Ensemble’s The Last of the Pelican Daughters, plus a range of Slapstick Festival events.
- Colston Hall – 30% off limited tickets to 20 gigs in the Colston Hall Presents series taking place across Bristol including cross-genre icons CocoRosie at Trinity Centre, soul-pop innovator Andreya Triana at The Exchange and neo-classical experimenters A Winged Victory for The Sullen at Trinity Centre, plus loads more.
- Bristol International Jazz & Blues Festival – 25% off Bond in Concert, Gilad Atzmon’s Charlie Parker 100 and China Moses
- Bristol SU Live, Anson Rooms – 25% off Welcome to Night Vale, plus 20% off Dutch symphonic rockers Delain and the Proper Jokes Comedy Club ft. Fiona Ridgewell, Mike Cox and Jake Lambert.
- Bristol Cathedral – 30% off tickets to South West Silents’ screening of The Cabinet of Dr Caligari with live improvised organ accompaniment, celebrating 100 years since the film’s release
- Brunel’s SS Great Britain – Whopping 50% off the Lates: Evenings at the Ship programme on selected dates in the summer, giving you the chance to explore the ship after hours with live music and drinks
- Festival of Ideas – 25% off talk Ziya Tong – The Reality Bubble: What Are We Not Seeing? on some of the big misconceptions in the world and how we can address them
- Knowle West Media Centre – A host of offers including £5 off the Make your own laser-cut jewellery course, £15 off textile design course Colour, Pattern, Surface; plus book onto the Audio Lates 10-week music writing and recording course during flash sale and get 2 hours free studio time
- Mayfest – 20% off 4 incredible Mayfest shows including Bryony Kimmings’ I’m A Phoenix, Bitch – a new legend of female empowerment and inner strength – plus Pandora, Oh Mother and Sex Education
- MShed – 30% off full price tickets to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition, plus 30% off the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2020 Calendar
- Puppet Place – Get 10% off when you book for both The Art of Animatronics Workshop, a 2 day workshop designed to introduce the fundamentals of animatronics, and The Neutral Puppet Workshop, introducing the core principles of puppetry
- Royal Photographic Society – range of offers including 25% off workshops The Art of Seeing and Night Photography in Bristol, plus limited £10 tickets to the sold out screening of Bait with Q&A
- RWA – 50% off entry to exhibitions Africa State of Mind, Refuge and Renewal: Migration and British Art and Tuesday Tours of major exhibitions, plus £3 off After Hours at RWA including free drink
- Spike Island – Book a free curator-led exhibition tour of Pacita Abad’s Life in the Margins (suggested £5 donation), plus 50% off books in the Spike Island shop
- St George’s Bristol – 20% off over 40 concerts, a vast selection across the 2020 season (any highlights?)
- The New Room at John Wesley’s Chapel – 25% off Folk at the New Room gigs by Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith, and The Hut People plus 2-4-1 on Wes Talks: Another Planet? exploring the future of the natural world with nature writer and producer Mary Colwell
- Theatre Orchard – 50% off tickets to Dance Dynamic: Venus - a combination of contemporary dance, confessional performance and comedy, as well as Dance Dynamic: Louder is not Always Clearer
- Tobacco Factory Theatres – a range of fantastic discounts on tickets across the new season. Offers include 25% off selected ticket bands for its new co-production of Edward Albee’s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, dance theatre production Return To Heaven from Mark Bruce Company and final performances of the fantastically received, joyful Snow White.
- Watershed – 20% off tickets to major film releases now screening including Sam Mendes’ war epic 1917, Taika Waititi’s JoJo Rabbit and Greta Gerwig’s Little Women
- We The Curious – 20% off tickets to After Hours: Sex - a different kind of Valentine's for friends as well as lovers, an evening just for grown-ups with some intriguing activities around the science of sex.
- American Museum & Gardens – are offering 20% off memberships purchased on the day of the flash sale
- Bath Philharmonia – 30% off limited number of tickets to Mariam Batsashvili plays Tchaikovsky
- Bath Box Office – A host of deals including 2-4-1 on The Navy Lark, 50% off limited number of tickets to Laura van der Heijden & Bath Philharmonia and 20% off The Handful – Revolution
- Bath Festivals – An amazing 20% off very limited number of tickets for John Grant + Teddy Thomson, 20% off very limited number of tickets to see Rachel Parris and 20% off limited number of tickets to Beethoven: The Man Revealed with John Suchet
- Roman Baths - £10 off tickets to Roman Rescue – a new take on the escape room, solve clues and puzzles to escape!
- Bath Spa Productions – XX% discount on shows including Shining, Bath Abbey Choral Concert and Carmen
- Rondo Theatre – 25% off a host of shows including Quentin Crisp: Naked Hope, Savage, Buzzing, Dirty Bath and loads more!
- The Edge - 2 for 1 on Curator-led Roundtable Discussion with complimentary drinks, plus 10% off dance courses
- Wiltshire Music Centre (Bradford-on-Avon) – A whopping 50% off tickets to 12 shows including Syrian group Maya Youssef Trio, all-female highlands folk band FARA and Jazz experimenters Empirical / Gwilym Simcock
- Theatre Royal Bath – are offering limited £25 tickets for the Tony & Olivier Award winning comedy of middle class parenting God of Carnage
- Ustinov Studio – Half price tickets to five shows including Peter Duncan in the humorous journey inside the fragile mind of a seasoned pantomime entertainer The Dame, cinematic dance piece Within This Dust and the world premiere of latest FLYBOY adventure Matthew Robins’ NICE
For a full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers, go to the Visit Bristol website at www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale, www.visitbath.co.uk/flashsale or www.gobathbristol.com.
The 24-hour Culture Flash Sale takes place for 24 hours only from 10am on Wednesday 15 January until 10am on Thursday 16 January. Offers are limited – once they’re gone, they’re gone – so act fast.