The Bristol Suspensions (auditioned)
The Bristol Suspensions are a mixed group who specialise in modern a cappella. After only 5 years of existence, we have become a hit with audiences across the country, being known for our unique arrangements, impressive vocals, and hilarious choreography.
• We sing a variety of music, from pop to country to techno (with beatboxing and soloists) – you name it, we’ve sung it! Check out our YouTube channel to get a flavour of our style.
• We have recorded two albums, released five music videos, sung on live radio, and appeared on BBC1’s Pitch Battle!
• We have competed at the ICCA Semifinals, won an ICCA Quarterfinal and received awards for Outstanding Arranging, Choreography and Vocal Percussion.
• We were crowned the Voice Festival University Champions 2016, as well as winning multiple awards.
• We perform regularly at all kinds of events, including society balls, formals and staff events, and we often can be found busking on the streets of Bristol.
• We travel to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every August, and have enjoyed singing on shows all over the country, as well as featuring on TV and radio! Our 2018 Fringe Run was a sell out, and in 2017 we are embarked on a US tour.
• We are looking for strong singers of all parts (and beatboxers and techies!) to join us for another exciting year. You don’t have to be able to read music, but you will be expected to dance…
• Please note that being a member of The Bristol Suspensions is a big commitment – there are rehearsals, weekend trips, video shoots, studio recordings, and members are expected to learn music outside of rehearsals. That being said, it is the most fun and rewarding experience to have, and we are all really close friends!
Rehearsals: Wednesdays 5-7pm, Sundays 4-6pm
Visit our website, facebook, instagram or twitter, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!