Welcome to Intramural Hockey!
Intramural hockey attracts a strong community of players, many of whom play throughout their degree. As a player, you can expect to see the same friendly faces each week and form a genuine bond with other teams.
Martha Vickers, an intramural captain, has said:
"I love playing intramural hockey because it's a fun, low-level commitment alternative to University teams. The league is inclusive, friendly and brings together players of a wide variety of backgrounds, skill levels and common interests."
How to play
There are 4 ways to play: through your halls, through your society, or with your friends OR if you don't have a team, register your interest and we'll find you one
- Register a team here. Applications for the 2019/20 season close on the 4th of October.
- Want to play for a halls team? We've made teams for you already - get in touch with us to find out your team's unique code to sign up!
- Don't have a team? Register here and we'll try to find you one.
Join our Facebook Group, and found out what players say about us here.
- Games are 3:00-5:00 every Sunday at Coombe Dingle, on pitches 1 and 2.
- The 13th of October is an intro week, where players can meet the organisers and get involved in friendlies
- The league officially begins on 20th October, with the first season drawing to a close on 15th of December. Games will restart after January exams. There will be at least 14 games per season.
- The cost of entry is £25 per person for the year - that's under £1.80 per game!
- Matches are 7-a-side.
- We're hoping games will be umpired this year by the Men's Hockey Club.
- Games are mixed gender and mixed ability, mixing competition and fun.
Have any questions? Vist our FAQ or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0117 331 8600