University is about much more than just academic studies. Wellbeing is key to a student's experience: that's why I am running to be Student Living Officer.
- Focus on amending the hall allocation system such that it prioritises more integration and diversity in halls. A follow up to the motion I moved, and student council passed, on working to increase integration in halls.
- Work with the university to prevent further rent increases above the rate of inflation.
- Continue work on bringing about a housing co-op to provide cheaper accommodation alternatives for 2nd and 3rd year students.
- Spread the 'Don't rent yet' campaign to provide students with information on what to look out for before renting a house.
- Lobby the university to increase funding for mental health services in line with increasing numbers of students.
- Campaign to ensure students are more aware of the pastoral support currently available to them.