Overseeing Bristol SU is a Board of Trustees, which is responsible for ensuring that the organisation complies with the law, with its own stated objects, and with the policies agreed by its democratic structures. The Trustees are also responsible for safeguarding the financial stability, good name, culture and ethos of the Union, and actively contribute to developing the strategic direction of the organisation.
The Board meets at least 4 times a year, with Sub-Committees meeting at regular intervals as appropriate. The Board of Trustees is 16 trong and comprises the following people:
Elected Officer Trustees (7)
Elected Student Trustees (4)
Co-opted Trustees (4)
University Nominated Trustee (1)
- Sarah Purdy (2019 - 2020)
The Board is also advised by a number of Union and University personnel:
- Samantha Budd, Chief Executive, Bristol SU
- Ben Pilling, Chief Operating Officer, Bristol SU
- Tamryn Stevens, Head of Finance, Bristol SU
- Kerry Mohide, Senior Management Accountant, Bristol SU
- Mick Axtell, Financial Contact (Corporate Finance Director at University of Bristol)
- Ben Snow, Financial Contact, University of Bristol
- Keith Feeney, Legal Contact (University Lawyer at University of Bristol)
- Suzanne Doyle, Executive and Governance Manager, Bristol SU (Clerk to the Trustees)
Other Committees of the Board
Members of the Trustee Board additionally meet in the following committees:
- Finance and Risk Committee - part of each full Board meeting to review and report on the monthly and annual accounts in detail and reviewing and agreeing the Unions budget.
- Governance Committee - meets as required. Reviews, monitors and supervises all legal, constitutional and governance matters affecting the Union.
- Board Development Committee - meets as required. Responsible for the appointment of Lay Trustees, Advisers to the Board, Senior Management, Associate, Temporary Associate, Life and Honorary Members of the Union.
- Remuneration Committee - meets as required to recommend the remuneration of the Sabbatical Officers (and Chief Executive) to the Board.
- Appeals Panel - meets as required to review the reasonableness of a decision of the Trustees under Article 33 to remove a Trustee from office.
Detailed minutes are kept of sub-committees and sent to all trustrees.
2019 - 2020 Trustee Meeting Dates