This website, www.bristolsu.org.uk (the 'Website') is provided by University of Bristol Students' Union ('Bristol SU'). The use of the Website is governed by these Terms and Conditions and such other documents referred to herein. By using the Website You signify that You have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website. "We", "Our" or "Us" means Bristol SU and the terms "You" or "Your" means the person accessing or using the Website.
Some parts of this website use Google Analytics which place cookies on your computer. The information generated by these cookies about your use of this website will be transmitted to and stored by Google. For further information, please see Google's website
4.1 Information you give us
When you visit this website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including your name and contact details.
4.2 Automatic Information
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website.
Information that we will automatically receive includes:
• Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
• IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
• Domain name from which you access the internet
• Referring URL
• Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
• Date and time pages were visited
We may use and analyse the information we collect so that we can manage and improve the services on the website. Demographic and statistical information about user behaviour may be collected and used to analyse the popularity and effectiveness of the website. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not identify individual users.
Bristol SU also uses services from Google on this website to measure and analyse visitor information. For further information on these, please visit Google’s website.
Bristol SU will not (nor will it allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tools to track or to collect personally identifiable information of visitors to this website. Bristol SU will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the statistical analytics tools.
6.1 Data Protection Legislation
Bristol SU is your data controller. As your data controller Bristol SU has notified its activities to the Office of the Information Commissioner as required under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and is listed in the Public Register of Data Controllers. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by Bristol SU in accordance with the Act.
6.2 Disclosure of your information
• Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your consent.
• The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK. It may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and may provide support services to Bristol SU or on Bristol SU’s behalf.
• Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
Should the information we hold about you be incorrect, you can change and update your personal information and you can have your information corrected by contacting us.
Where requested, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you. We may require proof of your identity before supplying you with this information to ensure confidentiality. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Bristol SU Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 331 8600