The Balloon Accreditation Scheme is Bristol SU's way of recognising and celebrating the brilliant things that our student groups get up to. Whether you are a Sports Club, a Society or a Volunteer Group, our scheme helps you offer the best possible experience for your members and supporters.
Any student group affiliated to Bristol SU can take part. Your group can achieve gold, silver or bronze accreditation.
There are 18 criteria in total. Your group must complete any 9 from the list to receive bronze, 12 to receive silver and 15 criteria to receive gold. The final deadline for submitting evidence is Thursday 30th April 2020.
You can submit evidence in any format (including hyperlinks, photos and videos, and documents), as long as it shows how your group has met the criteria - you can include a short explanation on the form if needs be. If your evidence submission doesn't meet our requirements, it will be rejected and you'll need to resubmit it.
If you have any questions or feedback on the scheme, please email the Development Team (email@example.com).
1) Have an up-to-date Bristol SU website presence and have members listed with Bristol SU
2) Submit a three-year strategic plan and book a Development Meeting to discuss it
3) Submit an annual budget and explain how you will use or have used it to inform your activities this year
4) Secure a sponsor or renew an existing sponsorship contract for your group
5) Secure a grant from an external provider (i.e. not Bristol SU Group Grants)
6) Collect feedback from your members and evidence how you have taken their feedback into account
7) Collaborate with at least one other affiliated Bristol SU student group or network
8) Collaborate with an external group, charity or organisation
9) Attend at least five non-compulsory training sessions (run by Bristol SU, SEH, Bristol HUB or another partner)
10) Run a Give it a Go! session at least once before and after Christmas aimed at attracting new members
11) Represent your group at 3 or more democratic events
12) Hold at least two alcohol-free social events per term
13) Organise two fundraising initiatives (either for your own group or a charity)
14) Show how you have taken steps this year to improve Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within your group
15) Show that your group has taken extra steps this year to minimise its environmental impact or enabled members to do something positive for the environment
16) Achieve a 90% or higher member satisfaction score in the Rate My Group survey
17) Plan for a successful AGM and Handover
18) Hold contested elections for the president/captain/project coordinator, treasurer and secretary roles
Whilst the biggest benefit of taking part in the scheme is a better run group, rewards are offered to those who gain accreditation.
Once you have submitted evidence, the table below will update automatically.
Submissions that are pending approval will be indicated by a clock symbol, approved submissions will be indicated by a tick, rejected submissions will be indicated by a cross and submissions that are partially complete will be indicated by an exclamation point<