Undergraduate Education: Seb Key
Hey I'm Seb! I've just finished my undergrad degree in Psychology and am now Bristol SU's Undergraduate Education Officer.
I represent undergraduate students on learning and teaching experience and academic and welfare-related support matters.
This year I want to improve the transparency of the Extenuating Circumstances system, increase budget and availability of mental health support, decrease the waiting list of university counselling, and extend decolonisation beyond Arts and Humanities.
What have I done so far?
- I met with Engineering undergraduate reps and Tansy Jessop (Pro-Vice Chancellor Education) to address Blackboard exam issues and plans for next year's exam arrangements. This stimulated further meetings with Tansy and a commitment from the university to consult with reps on plans for January and June exams before they're officially confirmed and announced.
- As part of this, I am working to ensure that we have a proactive reps system with the university - as opposed to reactive. I am working with Tansy Jessop to ensure that rep teams are better involved in decisions of course structure.
- I supported the Decolonising the Curriculym Week - assisting with promotion, admin and chairing one of the events. A great series!
- I sat on the Academic Planning Group and continued to promote student desire for as much in-person teaching next year as possible.
- I have been working on finishing our SU Officer team induction, and setting my priorities for the upcoming year.